Sunday, March 18, 2018

We Moved! (Surprise!)

We thought that our last house would be our forever home. However, one day as I was walking home from Little A's therapy I was thinking about how my sister, K6 (who is a realtor in the area), said that there were several people in the area looking for homes like ours. I was scanning for for sale signs as I walked and suddenly a thought came to me. "You could sell your house." I laughed. We loved our home and had no intention of moving. But then the thought wouldn't go away so about a week later I told Allan. We prayed about it and felt like we should at least get our home appraised and see what else was on the market.

Our home appraised very well, so we decided to list it. I made a flyer and put it on the community's Facebook page. I got a call a few minutes later! We showed our house twice that day. Got an offer later that night. Showed it again over the weekend and got a second offer. Accepted the first offer that Monday. (It all happened in 4 days!) We were shocked!

Gratefully a home popped up on the market about a week later that we liked. We made an offer, which we thought would be declined but wanted to get negotiations going, and it was accepted! Again we were shocked! From the time we listed, to the time we moved was two months.

We moved the same day we closed the Sound of Music. It was a really, really long day.


It's a 4 bed 2 bath house, 2016 square feet. We have a shaded backyard which we are SO excited about!

Also in this time we scored a free piano, which Allan's brother M1 fixed up for us using a spring from a pen.

And, we bought the girls an indoor swing so we could make it through the winter! The both LOVE it!



Here's a few pics:

















There is a lot of work that we'd like to do on this house, but we are loving it! Best of all, we now have the funds to adopt again! Yay!

So... WE'RE HOPING TO ADOPT!

Please tell everyone you know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment