Sunday, March 18, 2018

January 2018

Grandma and Grandpa got Little A this set for Christmas. She LOVES it! And she is already saying more sounds. It also helped me realize that she already knows all of her sounds and can tell which words start with what letter most of the time. One day she's going to speak more, and more clearly, and I'm going to be blown away with all that she knows. Little smarty. Whenever I think I've found something to challenge her she shows me she's way ahead of me, lol!


We started going on dates with the girls every week so that they can have one on one time with us. One week I'll take Baby L and Allan will take Little A and then we'll switch the next week. It's been a lot of fun for all of us!


Little A was thrilled to turn 5 years old! And even more thrilled that her bestie got to be there on her birthday. They had a sleep over. They tried to sleep in the same room, but they were too excited.


We got Little A some paw patrol cars to go with the paw patrol car mat that AG and family got for her. She has had a ball with them!


She has 5 friends whose birthdays are in January! We went to another friends birthday party. Birthday parties are very overwhelming for her but it went okay.


When I told her it was going to be her birthday she said, "Friends come my house eat yummy food!?" So we had a birthday party. We had some lunch, ice cream cones, and played. They loved playing hide and seek downstairs, and with the balloons that her bestie from school brought.



AG and family came down for a birthday party too! They surprised her with this awesome cupcake cake! She was SO thrilled! We had a lot left over so she took some to school to share with her class. She is a very proud 5 year old!


AG and family also got her this cute Skye hat and glove set, a stuffed Skye, and an adorable suitcase for when we go to Disneyland next month! Little A is pretty excited about it!


They also got her this magnet set that you can paint. She really loved painting it. You can see her concentration in the picture, lol! She is super proud of her butterfly magnets!


I've wanted to take Little A (and Baby L when she's older) to the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique at Disneyland FOREVER! We showed some videos to little A and asked her if she wanted to go and she said no and cried. :(   It would be a sensory overload for her for sure. Maybe when she's older.


Heehee! Practicing.


Baby L is determined to participate in dance class too. She gets SO mad when I won't let her. I keep telling her she has to learn to walk first.


We got to visit with A's bestie and family for her baby brothers baby blessing. It was so fun to see them all! C had a gift for Little A. Best Friend necklaces that attach together with a magnet. Oh the cutness! I can hardly stand it! In the picture they're connecting their necklaces. Little A never wanted to take it off. Then one day she chewed on it and the chain broke so we need to get a new one. She was so sad.


Here's miss L on the treadmill! She LOVES this thing. But she refuses to walk on it. She just lets her shoes drag behind her.


She got hungry.


Little A said "Oh, I sick" and fake coughed. She wasn't.


But Baby L was. Poor baby. She had an ear infection. Little A did catch a cold a couple of days later though.


This year it has hardly snowed at all, and the girls have got ear infections every time it snowed. Then by the time they're better the snow has melted. What a bummer.


Baby L had her 6 month check ups. She is doing great! She was VERY brave for her blood draw. They had to stick her twice. It's hard to find a vein in all that baby chub. They gave her this teddy bear for being so brave.


My sister-in-law gave me a foot zone and Little A wanted one too. I was really surprised because she doesn't like to have her feet touched. One of the cousins did one for her and she seemed to love it. Unfortunately she woke up in the middle of the night screaming in terror and saying her feet hurt. She was completely frantic. She paced up and down for a while limping until I could get her calmed down enough to let me hold her. We were up for about an hour with her screaming. She finally went to bed with me and touched her feet and hands to me the rest of the night. Poor baby. We won't do another foot zone any time soon.


We had a couple family councils the last couple of weeks. One of them we talked about our diagnoses and what they mean. We talked about each one and then explained Little A's to her. We told her what each one was and she said excitedly "I got three!" It was too funny! We laughed and laughed! We told the girls that when Heavenly Father gives us things that can make things challenging for us, He also gives us special gifts that help us, and then talked about their special gifts for a while. We are truly blessed with both of our beautiful daughters!

The next one was about adoption. We asked Little A how she feels about being adopted and she said she feels happy. When we asked her who her birth mom is she said "My AG!" with this sweet little smile on her face. At one point we told the girls that being adopted means a whole lot of people really love you. She said, "Ya! My AG, grandma-grandpa (AG's parents)", and then said grandma grandpa over and over until she thought she got all of them counted! Ha!

2 comments:

  1. They are getting so big!! Baby L is so precious! I haven't seen C since she was just barely walking! I'm glad Little A and C are still best friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this with us Kami! I need to get on this bandwagon and start blogging because I’m forgetting a lot about my kids growing up times, they’ll be so glad you did this someday!

    ReplyDelete