Sunday, February 5, 2012

My Favorite Superhero

We just want to say a quick thank you to everyone who is sending on our flyer, passing out our adoption cards, posting our info on Facebook, and spreading the word in every other way.  We are so grateful for everyone's support, prayers, and work in our behalf.  We really couldn't do it with out you!  It will be because of all of you that we will be blessed with children.  Thank you SO much!

I had a lot of fun with M and L on Monday.  They are such wonderful kids.  M was enthralled with her mom's I-Pod that day so we danced the day away.  I love watching children dance.  They have the best, most creative dance moves.  M loved my new coat and wore it all around the house, and L decided he liked my pink polk-a-dot scarf and danced with it for quite a while.  We also built forts and read stories.  It was a really fun day.

On Wednesday I substituted for a sister in our ward in taking one of the boys, who is autistic,  to scouts.  Since I grew up in a family of all girls I know pretty much nothing about scouts.  I have worked with autistic children before but always in a place that they can't escape from.  Knowing that he could run away from me at any time was really nerve racking.  He definitely noticed my nervousness, and it thoroughly annoyed him.  Other than that we had a great time.  He jumped on the trampoline for most of the night while I played with some other children.  He is a really sweet boy, and I hope that I get to work with him again.

The majority of the week I worked on preparations for Jr. Primary Singing Time.  I made a shield, sword, cape and script for Allan.  (I couldn't have done it without the script)  He came in as Captain Choose the Right.  The kids loved it.  I thought a couple of the girls were going to implode they were so excited.  Allan did a great job and had a lot of fun.  Here he is in his costume.

There is a little girl that is VERY shy.  She never participates in any way, instead she just looks around at everyone while they participate.  This week she was so excited that she took one of the instruments and played it through the class.  SUCCESS! 

Allan did some cooking this week.  He made a couple of our breakfasts and some really yummy dessert - Egg Pie.  It doesn't sound that good, but it was wonderful.  It is a lot like Flan.  We ate it too fast to take a picture though.  We ordered a BBQ yesterday, so Allan is going to be doing a lot more cooking.  I am really looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment