Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Crib Full of Emotion

We set up our crib last night.  It was a lot of fun.  It's something we have been looking forward to doing for years but never had a reason to do it.  It's nice to finally have a reason.




 But, I do have to admit that I have mixed feelings.  It's really hard to go down the hall and see an empty crib knowing that in reality it could be years before there is a child in it.  At the same time it could be just a day away.  When I look at the crib I get a depressed feeling and a very happy feeling of anticipation and then I just don't really know whether to smile or shut the door before I start to cry.  Who knew a crib could cause so much confusion.

On the bright side we have both felt the Lord telling us we won't have to wait too long.  Here's hoping that the Lord's idea of long fits my own, and that if not Allan and I can have the patience to endure it.

No comments:

Post a Comment