Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Bubble Wrap

Last Monday I brought some bubble wrap to pop with M and L.  They were so excited.  They had a lot of fun trying to pop it with as many body parts as they could think of.  L didn't really pop any though - he isn't quite heavy enough, but he still had a lot of fun dancing on it.  It was a lot of fun to play with them.

This Monday I brought the My Little Pony Game and M just about exploded with excitement.  She is so funny.  She loves boys, especially talking about them.  However, when it comes time to actually converse with a boy she clams right up.  She really wanted to call Allan today.  She was so excited to call and talk to him at work.  As the phone rang the excitement on her face slowly turned into a look of utter terror!  When he didn't answer and it went to the voice mail she was completely relieved.  He called back a few minutes later and she ran to the phone as fast as she could and then when she got there she got that same look of utter terror on her face, but she answered and talked to him anyway.  It made Allan's day!

I brought a flyer about Allan and I adopting to post at the institute on my way home from babysitting them.  M saw it and I explained it to her.  Later that day she showed me something of hers and she said "When you have a baby you can take this home with you.  When are you going to have a baby in your belly?"  I told her "I can't have a baby in my belly so another lady is going to have a baby in her belly for me."  She looked very confused and asked "How is the baby going to be in your belly?"  I told her "It's not.  The other lady will have the baby in her belly and when it comes out of her belly she'll give the baby to me and then I'll have a baby."  She gave me the "that's weird and I don't understand" look and then said "Well ... when you get a baby you can take this home."  Gotta love trying to explain adoption to kids.  What a cute girl she is.

The singing time lesson last week really had a big impression on some of the kids.  Allan is now the hero of several little boys in our ward.  There is one particular boy that was especially impressed.  Every time he sees Allan his whole face lights up and he shouts "I'm choosing the right!"

I brought bubble wrap to pop for singing time this week.  The kids were absolutely thrilled and they cheered on the lucky kids who actually got to pop it.  We ran out of time this week so I'll be bringing the rest of the bubble wrap back next Sunday.  One of the activities that I taped to the back of the bubble wrap was to sing while marching around the room.  I had planned on standing at the front holding the flip chart while they marched but when the music came on they all started marching in place.  So, I started walking around the room.  When M saw what I was doing she ran to catch up and soon the whole room was following waving their little CTR shields in the air.  I felt like the Pied Piper.  They are really learning the songs well.  I have been really impressed with how much they remember each week.  They have the song they learned last month down perfectly and they all know when to sing "right" and the chorus to Choose the Right. 

That's about it for this last week.  It was slow and relaxing.  Gotta love those weeks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment