Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Messy House

I was thinking about how much fun I had babysitting that little girl over the weekend.  It really was so much fun.  At one point she told me that she was tired so we sat down to read a story.  While she was crawling up on the couch I looked around my living room and it was completely covered in toys.  Floor, furniture, and anything in between.  Anyone who has played with a child knows what I mean.  I thought to myself, "Finally ... someone messed up my house!"  And I was SO happy to see it that way.  Allan and I are both really clean and orderly people.  We always put things away when we use them, everything has a place.  So, with just us around our house is pretty much always perfect.  Sometimes it annoys me and I'll leave my shoes out, or not do the dishes, or something just so it doesn't seem so perfect.  I can't wait until my house has toys scattered all over, there's remnants of breakfast throughout the kitchen and sticky hand and footprints all over the floors and walls.  One day it will happen and I hope that when I've cleaned up forty times in one day and the house is messy again I'll still be able to think "Finally ... someone messed up my house!"  All you moms and dads out there, the next time you do this take a moment and smile for me before you clean it up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment