Sunday, October 12, 2014

Puddles

Little A and I went on a walk to get us both out of the house for a little while. She discovered the puddles made by someone's sprinkler and had a blast soaking herself to the bone! Puddles are just so much fun! The sprinkler was still on and was spraying onto the road, so she really enjoyed running through that as well.

We usually go to dance class on Wednesday, but I wasn't feeling up to it so we had a play date instead. Thank you to the friend who let me come over at the last minute! We really needed some new faces! Little A had a fun time climbing up and down their couch (ours is still too high for her) and throwing their couch pillows on the floor.


I went to pay some bills one day and the parking lot was filled with water. The city sewer company was doing something. So we parked at the post office and walked over to pay the bills. Little A really enjoyed the walk and picked up pine cone after pine cone. She really seems to like the texture of them. She also was loving her new boots. In the picture above she was showing me her pine cone, but she threw it right before the picture took. 

Allan got the baseboards into our master suite! It looks SO good! I am so excited. We are creeping closer and closer to being done with all of the big changes!!!


I let little A destroy the flower Daddy got her. As you can see she was absolutely thrilled! She loves to pull the petals off, smash them up in her hands, and then throw them on the floor. I always try to teach her to smell them, but she just thinks I'm being silly. I made dinner while she did this, and since I wasn't finished I let her destroy my flowers too. She was doubly thrilled!

We went to visit Allan's family this weekend and see our niece, G, be baptized. Congratulations G! She looked absolutely beautiful! A really enjoyed running after all the other kids. It was a lot of fun to see her try to keep up with them.

Allan has been sporting a beard for the last couple of weeks. So, another highlight of that trip was when Grandpa asked our niece M what Allan had on his face and she replied, "Mud." Lol!

Little A was so exhausted by all of the excitement of being with her cousins that she slept almost the entire drive home! Awesome! Allan and I had some really good conversations; it was a really nice opportunity to catch up with each other a little.


Last night we had a massive thunder storm. the wind was really loud, lots of thunder and lightning, and it hailed. When we opened up the blinds this morning we saw a lot of hail in our backyard. The storm woke both Allan and I up, but little A slept through it! We were surprised because she has been waking up at night lately, but the storm didn't bother her at all.


Little A ate some Halloween Oreos with her halloween bib. :)  She loves Oreos. How did she know to take the top off and eat the middle first? Neither Allan or I do this, and she hasn't seen anyone else eat them. 


Little A gives the best hugs! She wraps her little arms around your neck and squeezes with all her might. I always cradle her head in my hand when I hold her and lately she has been doing the same thing to me. Melts my heart.


We went on a family walk today. It was so much fun! Little A had a ball kicking the leaves (they were too wet to crunch) and splashing in the puddles. She also really enjoyed running her hands through the tall grass on one side of the sidewalk where there is an empty lot of land. The grass is as tall as she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment