Sunday, October 19, 2014

Crunching Leaves

We went on a little shopping trip with Nana and little A loved running in the mall. She especially loved seeing herself in windows and mirrors.


Allan finished installing the baseboards in our house! Upstairs, and downstairs! We still have to putty and paint, but they are in! And it looks beautiful! Thanks to his Dad for letting us borrow his saw!



Allan also planned a really sweet date for us this week. He made chocolate fondue, and we had a candlelit fondue dessert. It was so fun! 

Little A continues to walk/run like a pro. She's gotten more comfortable on uneven surfaces this week. She also swang in the big-kid swings and didn't fall out! She still hates slides and makes terrified noises whenever anyone goes down them.


She learned how to "crunch" leaves by stomping on them and has been having a ball stomping on all the leaves she can. Her aim needs some improvement though. Sometimes she'll stomp her little foot and nothing will happen, and then she looks down all confused, ha!

Her favorite place to play right now is Momma and Daddy's bed. She'll get a toy and run in there and tell me she wants up, and then we'll play with the toy, play peek-a-boo with the blankets, and just laugh and giggle about being on the big bed. Eventually she gets down, runs to her room and asks to be in her bed. She laughs and giggles, jumps up and down and plays peek-a-boo and then we run to our bed and do it all over again.

We got some tennis balls a few weeks ago for massage purposes and little A adopted one as her own. She loves it more than any of her other balls. She'll chase it all around the house and likes to bring it on walks. She's very good about not throwing it into the street.


K6 coaches the high school dance team in a nearby town, and her team collaborated with the dance team where we live on a dance. They performed it this weekend and we went and watched. (It was way past A's bedtime, but she was such a good little trooper.) They did a really good job. Little A cheered and clapped for them. 

I put little A in a box again. The last time I tried this she cried and cried, this time she laughed. She didn't like it for very long though. I also tipped this box over and put some toys in it so she could crawl in and play. She thought it was funny that her toys were in the box, but she sure didn't want to go in it to get them. She finally did go in just far enough to reach and pull them out.


We started playing our own version of "Hide and Seek". We call it "Find Mamma". I'll run and hide, and she'll follow my voice until she can find me. She's been loving it and thinks its really funny when I switch up my usual hiding spots.

The other morning I was reading little A her scriptures and she decided she didn't want to read them anymore. She got off of my lap and proceeded to pile all the books she wanted to read on my lap (which was all of them).


I usually clean when little A is napping, but since she can walk now I am trying to get her to help me. I gave her a rag with a little water on it, showed her how to wipe the cabinets, and asked her to clean them for me. That lasted for about 2 seconds, ha! She wanted to help me clean the toilet, but I didn't think that was a very good idea. So, I sat her down on the stool, and she sat there quietly until I was done. She does love to wipe the table off after dinner though. She also helps me set the table for dinner and is very good at cleaning up her toys.

We also started a new game with Daddy that we like to call "Hop on Pop" (our inspiration is of course the Dr. Seuss book of the same name). Allan was lying on the floor all tired out from working on the baseboards all day. I said to little A, "lets go hop on Daddy! Lets go tickle him!" So she followed me over and tickled Daddy with me and then lay on top of him! Ha! We don't really hop on him, just tickle and "wrestle" him. She did it without me today! She has successfully been trained to sit on Daddy when he lays down on the floor. :)


We started our Sunday with some snuggle time watching some Mormon Messages. Gotta love those snuggles!

1 comment:

  1. Little A is getting sooo cute! What a good little helper. I love hearing about your life.

    ReplyDelete