Sunday, October 12, 2014

General Conference

I've said before how much little A hates slides. As much as she hates slides she loves swings and merry-go-rounds. Sometimes I think she could stay on them all day. I'm fine with the swings, but merry-go-rounds make me sick. Bleh.


We had a friend over for a little bit on Tuesday. A loves to play with this cute girl, E. They are about the same age and play really well together. They had a nice conversation over some cookies I'd made.


The cookies were a big hit. A liked to sit back in her high chair with her feet up and eat them while I made dinner. She would really savor them, taking small bites and sucking on them.


I bought a snowsuit for A last year at the end of winter. It is still a bit big, but it will work. No one makes snowboots small enough to fit her infant sized feet though, so I am going to have to special order some. Then we'll be all ready for winter! It has already started frosting at night here, so we need to get prepared.


Little A also discovered how fun it is to play underneath her high chair and eat all the food she dropped onto the floor. She thinks it's hilarious and giggles the whole time!


Allan brought home some flowers for little A and I. A was THRILLED! She wanted to start ripping it apart immediately, so I gave her some babies breath and am saving the rose until it starts to wilt.


Little A has the cutest dimples ever! (Please excuse her messy hair, we were all still in our pajamas.)


On Wednesday I got really sick, so we snuggled pretty much the rest of the weekend. I'm so glad I have such a sweet little girl to snuggle me and give me kisses when I don't feel well. She is such a treasure. On Friday morning she patted me on the arm and said with a concerned look on her face, "You okay? You okay?"


We had my family over to celebrate my Mom's birthday. Little a helped Daddy prepare by sweeping the floor. She is now in love with the broom and wants to push it around the house continually. Thankfully she can't open the doors yet, so she can't get it out of the closet.


Thursday little A decided she could walk all by herself! I think she got tired of waiting for me while I've been sick. It was so funny. We play a game where I'll bring her over to the table, and she'll walk to the couch, then I'll bring her to the stairs, and she'll walk to the couch, etc. For a long time that's the only way I could get her to walk by herself. Thursday she must have been really bored because she suddenly got down off of the couch and walked to the table, then ran to the couch, then walked to the desk, then ran to the couch, etc. I cheered her on and soon she decided she wanted to explore the house, so she took off and walked all around the house like it was no big deal. She still likes to walk only on her terms, but she is more confident and more willing to explore.

We really enjoyed watching General Conference. It is always such a blessing to feel the Spirit that comes when the Prophet and Apostles speak. I was struck this time particularly by their firmness in telling us to read the scriptures every day, have family home evening every week, and pray personally and as a family every day. They say this every conference, but were particularly firm in this one, reminding us that these are commandments from God, and we need to be living them. I was relieved that we are doing all of these things and am looking forward to finding ways we can improve our sincerity in them.


Daddy and little A had a nice snuggle while A chewed on my water bottle. A really liked conference, particularly the singing. Whenever there was a song she would stop and stare intently and listen. During the last session she wanted Allan and I to sing all the songs. The music would start, and she'd look at us expectantly until we would sing, then she'd look back at the computer. If one or both of us stopped she'd turn and look at us and tell us to sing. She'd only look back at the choir when we started singing again.


After the last session we got things ready for my mom's party. Little A really liked the wrapping paper tube.


We checkout out a book at the library called "The Button Box". It's about a little boy who's Grandma has a button box and how he likes to play with the buttons. My Grandma also had a button box (my mom has it now), and it was very similar to the one in the book. A lot of the same buttons, the box was very similar, etc. So we got that book for my mom so she can play with the buttons with the grandbabies, just like we did with our Grandma.


Allan made crepes for dinner, and dessert. They were delicious! We really enjoyed having everyone over. It's always so much fun to be with our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment