Sunday, April 28, 2013

A Mover and a Shaker

Little A is getting so big!  She went through another growth spurt this week.  I woke a couple days ago to get her up for the day, and suddenly she looked like she was an inch or two longer and definitely weighed more, lol!  My arms are getting a good workout.

Outfit from Allan and I
Last week after I got A ready for the day she started fussing a little, and I knew she was ready to take a nap.  I wanted to put my contacts in so I could see better to read to her (we usually read while she settles down for a nap).  I put her in her crib propped up on a pillow so she could wiggle around for a minute while I got my contacts in.  When I went to get her I found her sound asleep!  What a good baby!


The last few weeks have been really fun.  A learned how to shake her rattle!  She loves to sit in her Bumbo and shake her rattle or have me shake it for her.


She still loves to play on her play gym, but only if Allan or I are there with her shaking the rattle or singing to the music we have playing.

She loves to mimic and will watch Allan and I closely and mimic our faces.  I was reading the news the other day and made a disgusted face, and when I looked up to check on little A she was staring at me intently with the same disgusted look on her face!  She loves to laugh and will always exchange laughter with us.  It's fun to see how many different ways we can laugh and hear her responses to them.

Outfit from my good friend and neighbor
One day I got bored of our normal routine and put on some music and started dancing for little A.  She LOVED it!  She laughed and laughed at all my silly moves.  We do that often now, and she's started to dance with me, moving her arms and legs to the music.

Outfit from some good friends in AZ
A couple weeks ago we had a visit from two of the children in my Primary class.  They came with their Grandma to give little A a gift and to pick up their bubble wrap because they weren't able to come on Sunday.  We had a really fun visit and A adored them.  She smiled and giggled for them while they made faces and growled at her.  The boys played Connect Four while their Grandma and I visited.  It made for a fun and refreshing afternoon.

Outfit from her birth mom
Last week we had Stake Conference.  At the end of the conference the little boy sitting behind us tapped me on the shoulder and said: "I like that baby you have."  I said thank you and smiled at him.  Then he went on to say "I also like your ear rings.  And I like your eyes.  I also like your hair.  I also like your teeth...."  He had a couple more things to say he liked that I can't remember and then his dad interrupted him.  I responded to everything with a thank you and he must have felt encouraged because he seemed like he could have kept going for a while, lol!  The boy certainly has a gift for flattery!

Little A has always loved to rub my hair on her face.  This last week she decided she wanted to taste it.  I'd actually been able to do my hair that day and it was still a little damp from the gel and spritz.  She grabbed a handful, licked it, and got a mouthful of the gel and spritz!  She wasn't very impressed.  She gave me this look of horror and disgust and hasn't put my hair near her face since!

Allan did some more work on A's nursery.  We're almost done.  We just have to finish painting the stripes and then hang a chair rail.  After that we can decorate!


Little A wants to sit up ALL THE TIME.  She's getting some really strong tummy muscles.  When we lay her down she immediately curls up and gets her head and shoulders off the floor.  She'll stay that way struggling to sit up until we help her.  She loves to sit and just look around.  When she's tired she wants to sit up and will struggle and struggle against sleep until we sit her up, after which she falls asleep within a minute, lol!  The other day Allan was trying to get her to sleep and was holding her in a reclining position.  She kept trying and trying to sit up and was yelling at him.  He finally sat her up and put her pacifier in her mouth and she went right to sleep, almost instantly!  Today at church he sat her in her car seat for a while and she kept struggling to sit up, so he put his foot on the edge of the car seat to hold it more steeply so she was sitting more upright.

Outfit from a good friend who I served a mission with
A also loves to play with her clothes.  If she is wearing a skirt/dress or tutu she'll play with it all day and gets the biggest kick out of it!



She is still such a good sleeper and sleeps between 7 and 10 hours a night.  Her normal night is 9 hours but every now and then she sleeps less.

No comments:

Post a Comment