Friday, July 6, 2012

IT'S A GIRL!

On Tuesday we went and visited K and her mom, M, again for K's ultrasound.  We are so thrilled to be inviting a little girl into our family!  Here's to frills and lace and all things girly!  Hooray!


The first thing she did was give us a big wave!  Then she yawned - which of course was adorable!  She looks like such a beautiful healthy baby girl and we can't wait to meet her!

We had so much fun with K and M and got to meet one of K's cousins too!  We loved meeting another member of their family!  Allan's parents got to come with us and meet K, M, and K's cousin also.  We went out for ice cream after the ultrasound and got to talk for a little while.  It never seems long enough.  We can't wait to see them again!

I tried Bountiful Baskets for the first time last week.  We got a lot of really good produce and I am excited to continue doing it!  It is a lot of food though for just the two of us so I will probably only do it every other week instead of every week.

Allan's parents came down to visit us for the week.  We had some banana squash in the freezer that we needed to use up so Allan made banana squash pie - which is a tradition at Thanksgiving for his family.  We decided that we would make 3 pies and started to get everything out that we would need.  Then we realized that we only had one pie tin.  So we went to the store and bought two more.  Allan continued making the pie while I started on the pie crust.  I got about half way through the pie crust when I realized that I needed an egg for it and we didn't have any!  So, off I went to the store again.  When I got back Allan was done with the pie filling and was waiting on me to finish the crust.  I got the crust finished and was rolling it out when I realized that I forgot to double the recipe and I put in too much salt.  Sheesh!  By that time it was 10:00pm and the pies take a while to bake so we decided we should just go to bed and finish the next day. 

The next day I made another pie crust and everything seemed to be going smoothly.  My pie crust recipe said that you should put pans under the pies so that they don't boil over and drip on the oven.  So I did.  We cooked the pie for the specified time and pulled them out of the oven only to find that the top was well done but the bottom was still raw.

To end a long story the pies ended up being a little on the over-cooked side.  His parents were still thrilled to eat them though!

Allan took us on a tour of the mine and the mine's processing plant which was a lot of fun, as always.


We also went to the Temple and did sealings.  We wanted to get a picture of all of us together so I went up to this elderly couple that had just come out of the Temple.  While I was walking up to her she got this huge smile on her face, opened her arms wide, gave me a great big hug and said "How are you?!  I haven't seen you in so long!"

I have never seen this sweet lady in my life.

There is a girl who lives in a town near ours that looks a lot like me.  I have been mistaken for her several times since we moved here.  People say "hi" to me wherever I go!  I thought that this place was just extra friendly until I realized that they thought they had grown up with me!  That's not the first hug I've gotten either!  I'm sure it won't be the last!  Good thing I like hugs!

I said I was fine, asked her how she was, and then asked if she would mind taking a picture for us.  When she left she looked very confused - probably because Allan was not who she was expecting to be my husband!  I'm so grateful that she took the picture though!



For Independence Day we barbequed and played games and Allan and his dad worked on our car a little bit.  We had so much fun with Allan's parents and were so sad to see them go.  Hopefully we'll see them again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! How fun! I've always wanted to have a moment like that at the ultrasound. Glad you got to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete