Monday, March 12, 2012

I'm the Winner!

We had our first barbeque last night.  It was so much fun, and the food turned out really good.


We took Allan to a physical therapist for his pelvic and elbow pain and actually had some good success.  The Physical Therapist put some kinesi tape on Allan's elbow and his pain there significantly decreased almost immediately!  It's amazing what a little tape can do.  He also gave Allan some stretches for his elbow and pelvis that he has been doing faithfully.  It seems to be helping his elbow quite a bit, but we're holding out judgement on the pelvis still.  Hopefully it will work well.  We do have hope though because this is the first time in a long time that we've actually seen any results.

I did a lot of baking this week.  I love to bake!  I made brownies (for a Relief Society activity), two different kinds of biscuits, bread, and applesauce/banana squash muffins.  It was so much fun, and now we have some yummy food to enjoy.

I had a lot of fun with M and L this week.  Poor L had an accident and wasn't feeling so well on Monday.  Usually he gets pretty mad at me when I put him down for a nap, but when I asked him this week he smiled at me and walked right over to his crib.  I've never seen a child so happy to take a nap!  When their mom came home M told her to go back to school!  I'm glad they were having so much fun.

I went to a Relief Society activity this week.  It was an auction  and I won a baby blanket and some pacifier leashes.  Woohoo!  Now we have pretty much everything we'll need to bring the baby home when we get one.  The blanket is pretty girly so if we end up with a boy I'll have to gift it to someone but it sure is cute.  This is all of the baby stuff we have now:



We want to wait to buy anything else until we have a better idea of what to expect.  We are hoping for a little time to have a baby shower, which would be really helpful, but we'll see what happens.  We are putting our profile on parentprofiles.com too.  It should be up by the end of the month.  A lot of people have had a lot of success through that site.  Hopefully we will too.

Allan got to substitute for Nursery today and he had a blast!  One of our friends daughters is in nursery right now.  She's usually pretty shy but today she was just thrilled to have Allan in there.  As soon as he came in she ran right over to him and talked up a storm.  She told him that she is a princess, and then went around explaining that all of the other little girls are princesses too.  When she got to the little boy she stopped in surprise, looked very confused, and went completely silent.  Allan asked her what the little boy was and she said in complete dismay "I don't know!"  After a little contemplation she determined that he must be a prince and all was well in nursery again.

Today has been a really hard day for us.  Sometimes the waiting just gets to us and we have to have a good cry.  I'm glad it happened on a Sunday this time so that Allan was home and we could cry together!

No comments:

Post a Comment