Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Our First Contact

 We were contacted by a potential birth mother this week.  Unfortunately she lives out of the country and we aren't certified for international adoptions.  But, at least we know that people are seeing our information.  Hopefully the right person will see it soon!  If you're out there, I hope that you know we are praying for you and long to meet you.

We had a really fun week this week.  It snowed on Monday!  Woohoo!  I already posted about that but still ... it was so AWESOME! After the snow melted the ground steamed.  That is something I don't think I've ever seen before and it was gorgeous.  It's a little hard to see in these pictures but if you look closely you can see the steam coming up from the ground.



 We had family night with a family that we met through Allan's work.  They have three really cute kids.  For every trip they do they make a collage and frame it, and that is what they were doing that night.  So we brought some pictures and made our own collage - they provided everything but the pics which was so nice of them!  I wish I could show you the collage but we aren't finished with it yet.  Maybe next week.

Tuesday Allan took me up to the mountain so we could play in the snow.  We had a blast!  We wanted to have a snowball fight but the snow was pretty crunchy - more like ice.  Then I noticed that if I dug around the footprints I could find some buried powder, and so I made a snowball and threw it at Allan before he was aware of what was going on.  I actually got him too!  Usually I have horrible aim, so we were both surprised!  And, I actually won the snowball fight! 

He missed the camera and got me right in the shoulder!  Impressive!
I tried to make a snow angel but the snow was too hard.


It was so much fun to be out in the cold air and spend some quality time with Allan.

On Friday we had dinner and played games with some friends.  They have three little girls and I had a blast playing the Strawberry Shortcake game with them.  They giggled through the entire thing, especially when I hit the spinner wrong and sent it flying into my character, which then flew across the room.  They were bummed when it was time to go to bed and the youngest was very intent on staying on the couch with her blankie.  Allan thought her resistance was pretty cute, so he gave her a big smile.  She stared at him for about 5 seconds, and then promptly got up and went to her room!  We always get a big kick out of little girls.

We had an impromptu barbeque with some friends that were in town on Saturday and had a lot of fun catching up with them.  Allan is getting really good at cooking meat on the barbeque.  Saturday was the first time we tried vegetables ... the ones that we let cook long enough were really good...

I didn't do anything spectacular for primary this week but that doesn't mean it wasn't entertaining.  There was a new family that moved into the ward.  One of their little boys is a sunbeam (the three year old class).  As we were reviewing Choose the Right I suddenly felt a tug on my arm.  I looked down and saw this sunbeam's older brother (who is 5).  He said "He's stuck!" and pointed at his little brother.  I looked over and sure enough he was stuck.  He had poked his head through the hole in the back of the chair and couldn't get it out!  Poor little guy!  The other teachers noticed him point to his brother and they helped him get out and all was well.  Primary never fails to entertain!

No comments:

Post a Comment