Sunday, January 15, 2012

We're back!

Last week I completely forgot that I had a blog.  I don't know where my mind went.  But, to catch up a little, last week went really well.  I survived my 2nd Sunday as Jr. Primary Chorister - with all of the kids there this time!  I introduced using instruments to learn the rhythm of the song, and they absolutely loved it.   This week was a bust though.  They weren't really in the mood to sing, so the teachers and I sung our hearts out while they listened.  Hopefully next week will go better.  I substituted for the Sr. Primary Chorister today, and that was a lot of fun.  I let them use the instruments, and they were big fans.  I do have to say though that I am glad I have the little kids.  They don't worry about being "cool" so they are usually easier to teach and entertain.

Our wheat grinder arrived!  I ground wheat and made bread this week, and it was so good that Allan and I ate almost an entire loaf in one afternoon.  My Mother-in-law makes bread too, and hers always tasted so good, I could never figure out how she made it taste that way.  I was so excited when I tried it and it tasted just like hers.  I guess that the fresh ground wheat must be the key ingredient.  Allan is really enjoying it and has told me at least three times every day how good he thinks it is.  I'm glad the wheat bread has gone over so well.  (Allan: Me too. It tastes wonderful!)

Allan has been busy this week helping a friend.  The friend and his wife recently moved to another state and he was trying to get their rental properties ready to rent so that he could go and join his wife who is expecting their first child.  We thought it was a good cause so Allan went over there almost every night this week to help.  He dug some trenches and put in some cement forms for some concrete the friend poured on Friday.  He was pretty sore from the work, but he really enjoyed it.

We have been buying things here and there to prepare for a baby.  A few months ago we bought a crib and changing table, and this month we bought the mattress, changing table pad, and sheets.  We're slowly accumulating baby things in the hopes that when we do finally receive a baby we won't be caught too off guard.  We've had a lot of fun getting baby stuff, and the Walmart free site-to-store shipping has come in really handy.  It's too bad we can't just get a baby there too...although you never know...

I've also been preparing for a baby by researching adoptive breastfeeding.  I didn't think it was possible but apparently it is.  It's amazing what the human body and the medical profession can do.  Maybe I won't have to miss out on as many baby things as I thought.

One of our brothers got us some really good movies for Christmas that we have been enjoying.  I don't know how he knew that A Little Princess is one of my favorite movies ever; I think he was inspired. 

That's about it for us though.  It's been a pretty uneventful couple of weeks which has been nice after the holiday frenzy.  Thanks for everyone's prayers and support.  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment