Sunday, December 18, 2011

Woe is me....

Allan and I are no longer teaching Sunbeams (the 3 year old class).  He was released from being a primary worker and I am going to be the Jr. Primary Chorister (teaching the 3-7 year old children church songs).  We are so bummed to not be teaching those cute kids anymore but I am excited (and a bit worried) about my new calling.  We told our kids about it, and that they would be moving up to an older class, and they looked at us with their best frownie faces and said "We'll miss you.  We love you guys.  And you'll miss us too."  That's why we love primary so much.  Poor Allan is planning how he can escape the adult classes and sneak back in to primary with the children.  We'll see if he ever succeeds.  We had the children act out the Nativity today in class.  We only have one little girl so she was Mary and she couldn't have been more thrilled.  I have never seen her more reverent than she was today.  We acted it out 3 times and she sat completely still, snuggling our "baby Jesus", through the entire class!   I was on my way to the library after sacrament meeting when one of our little boys saw me.  He got a big smile on his face, pointed at me and said "Dad, my girl!  My girl!"  His dad didn't see me though and was very confused about who his 3 yr old son's "girl" was.

We got our adoption pass-along cards on Monday!  Hooray!  We made and delivered a bunch of cookies with our pass-along cards to start to get the word out that we are hoping to adopt.  Everyone here has been very supportive.  We even gave a few to the Missionaries to hand out (as per their request).  When Allan gave them the cards they told him, "You'll have a baby with in two months."  We hope he's right!

The post office lost Allan's Christmas present.  Ugh.  We both ordered gifts for each other from Barnes and Noble on the same day.  When my gift for Allan didn't come we got a little worried and tracked it online only to find that it had supposedly been delivered by the post office on the 8th.  After talking to the Post Office a few times it was clear that they had received it and it had been put in their delivery truck, but after that they had no idea where it might be.  I had a couple of small gifts for Allan but that was his main Christmas gift (and the most expensive thing we bought) so I was really annoyed.  The delivery man came out and looked around but couldn't find any trace of it and they were thinking they would just have to reimburse us.  However, on the 15th our neighbor brought it over to us.  The key to the locker had been put in their box by mistake. I am so grateful that they brought it when they did because we celebrated Christmas together this weekend.  Thankfully everything worked out, and Allan had more than just a couple polo shirts under the tree.

I told one of our Sunbeams today that Santa already came to our house.  He looked at me with wide eyes, and I could tell he was wondering how he could get Santa to come early to his house too.  We had a good early Christmas. Allan got me a couple of books and a movie that I wanted, and some shirts.  I got him some polos, a laser level, and the game Settlers of Catan (the missing package).  Here we are with our loot.



We had a fun time playing the game later that evening.  We also went to the Temple.  What better way to celebrate Christ's birth than attend the Temple the day we celebrated Christmas.  That doesn't happen very often.  Other than that we delivered cookies to our Sunbeams and a few other families.  It was a really good day.  We hope everyone's Christmas is just as wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment