Sunday, December 11, 2011

Stop Bugging Me!

For some reason whatever apartment we live in we always have bug problems, and both Allan and I hate bugs!  Usually it's spiders but we did have some problems with squirrels in our first apartment.  When we first moved here we had a problem with scorpions.  That has since been cleared up, but now we are having a problem with wasps.  They are in our bathroom fans.  Every day between 1:00 and 2:00pm I start hearing a loud buzzing coming from one or both of the bathrooms.  It lasts for a couple of hours and ends with the wasp getting stuck in the grill and dieing.  Then Allan comes home and vacuums it out.  It's a rather unfortunate daily routine we are going through right now.  This Wednesday was the worst though.  I was working on some Christmas gifts in the living room when I heard an extremely loud buzzing coming from our guest bathroom.  I went and closed the door to wait for Allan to come home.  This is what we found later:


All of the little yellow spots are parts of wasps, mostly the wings.  Our landlord put a bug bomb in the vent and we think the wasps all flew down to try and get away, only to get stuck in the vent grill.  There is supposed to be someone coming tomorrow to clean it up.  Hopefully it will happen.  I was hoping that would be the last of the wasps but Allan heard some today.  I just hope that when the maintenance man comes and takes off the grill I don't get a swarm of live wasps in my house!

We went to a children's theatrical performance this weekend.  They did 101 Dalmations.  We were very impressed with all of the kids.  They ranged from 4-10 years old and they knew all of their lines and did all of the choreography perfectly.  Afterward we went to the local Frozen Yogurt place.  When we went to sit down we saw one of the little dalmations there.  Allan told her we had just seen her play and she said "I was the one that threw my hat off at the end.  I was cute when I did that huh!"  We got a big kick out of that.  We hadn't noticed her throwing her hat but we sure thought she was cute right then.   

We went to our ward Christmas party this weekend as well.  At the end of the party all of the kids got to go and see Santa.   In church today all of the kids in our class told me about their experiences with Santa - if they sat on his lap, told him what they wanted for Christmas, got a candy cane, etc.  I asked one of the boys if Santa was going to come to his house and give him presents.  He said, "no, I saw him at church."  Apparently that was enough for him.

Allan was too sick to go to church this week so I had the sunbeams all to myself.  I was really worried that all of them would be there - that would have made for a rough day - but only three came today.  I don't think I've every been so happy that someone missed church!  The kids that came were, thankfully, really good for me.  They were very reverent and they listened very quietly to the lesson while I taught it.  The Lord answered my prayers.  When we were doing the talking stick one of the boys said that he needed to tell me one more thing.  So, after the other childs turn I asked him what he'd wanted to tell me and he looked at me and said "I love you!" and gave me a big hug.  What a great day in primary!

No comments:

Post a Comment