Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Taming Thanksgiving

The last two weeks have been a lot of fun for Allan and I.  We babysat for a couple so that they could go to the Temple.  It was a lot of fun to babysit with Allan.  The little boy just loved him and didn't want anything to do with me unless I was near the computer.  I really enjoyed watching Allan interact with the baby.  They had a ball together.

We went to the Taming of the Shrew at the local college.  That was a lot of fun.  The actors did a really good job.  The only thing was that they talked really quickly so some of the lines were hard to understand.  It was really funny though.  I think my favorite part was when Petruchio comes on stage in his "wedding clothes".  He is extremely pleased with himself and his clothes but he looks absolutely ridiculous.  His clothing is more suited to a court jester than a groom!  So funny!  Allan love it.  I kept looking over at him to watch his face and he was totally enthralled.  I'm so glad that I don't have to drag him to plays and concerts.  He always goes very willingly and enjoys himself a lot.

This last week we spent getting ready for Thanksgiving.  My mom and step-dad, and one of my sisters came to visit us and had Thanksgiving with us.  It was my first time cooking a full Thanksgiving dinner.  I was really nervous but it turned out great!

 

I also made my very first pie.  I made apple because it's my mom's favorite.  It turned out pretty good too!



 Allan made two delicious banana squash pies.  Sorry, I can't show you those, we already ate them.  We really enjoyed spending time with our family and showing them around our little town.  Allan got to give us a tour of the mine.  It was a ton of fun.  Here we are in all our glory!


He took us to a look out on the top of the pit and showed us some of the things he's been working on.  Then he took us to the bottom of the pit and we got out and watched the machinery for a while.  They sound like dinosaurs. 


He showed us the crusher, the processor, and the leach pad as well.  It's quite the process to get to the copper.  I really enjoyed getting to see everything that Allan is doing.  It had rained earlier in the day so the pit was really muddy.  The haul trucks kept sliding around on the roads.  Seeing these things that are as big as a house sliding almost sideways down the road was pretty cool.  We wanted to see one do a full cookie, but no such luck.

The biggest news though is that we had our home-study!  It went really well.  It was mostly a long interview.  We were interviewed together first and then separately.  And I am happy to say that we passed, just in case anyone was worried.  Now we are just waiting to be certified.  It should happen by the end of the year for sure.  We are taking pictures (today actually) for our pass-along cards so that we can start distributing them by Christmas.  Woohoo!  Adoption here we come!

1 comment:

  1. How fun to have family come visit! Looks like you guys are doing well! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete