Sunday, August 3, 2014

Happenings in May

Allan had to work 8 days on the 2nd and 3rd weeks of May, but that meant that he also had some extra time off. We used that extra time to pack and finish up a few things on the house so we could move in. Allan's brother and sister-in-law D and J came down to help us with the house, moving, and Little A. We could not have done it without them!





We worked on the house and packed the apartment on the 22nd and 23rd, then moved on the 24th. Allan's family came up to help us and it went really quick! Sunday we all conked out though. 



On Memorial day we unpacked for a while and then went to visit the graves of my family members. I haven't been able to do this for over 10 years so it was really nice to go. Little A had a blast running around and trying to pick the petals off of the flowers.


When we moved in we didn't have door knobs on any of the doors (and we only had four doors hung, lol!). To keep little A's door shut the first week we used socks and a weight. It worked well but we were relieved to have door knobs!


J helped me clean most of our apartment the day we moved. It was such a HUGE blessing to have her help with that! The Tuesday after Memorial day I went over and finished up. One of our friends watched little A for us. She had a lot of fun playing with our friend's children.

A rediscovered her infant car seat and loved climbing in and out of it. It was a lifesaver for a couple of days because it entertained her long enough for me to get a little work done.


My sister, K1, got remarried towards the end of May. The went to Vegas with their boys and partied it up as a new family. Their ceremony was beautiful! I am so happy for her!


This cute outfit is courtesy of Daddy! Little A was super excited to play outside on the porch. Her favorite thing is to walk up and down the steps.


Little A is still not walking on her own. She thinks it's my job to loan her a finger so she can go discover all the things she's interested in, ha! So, this is how I do all my housework, with a cute girl attached to my leg, arm, shirt, whatever she can get her hands on. 


She moans and groans until I am done and she gets to have a turn doing what she wants to do. She does get more and more confident every day though!

No comments:

Post a Comment