Sunday, May 18, 2014

Egg Hunt

Little A is getting so big and continues to get closer to walking on her own. She is too smart for her own good though. She will no longer let me hold her up; she has to be the one holding onto me. After I let go twice she refused to stand unless she was holding on! She loves to walk as much as possible. And, I like to walk her because then she sleeps really well at night. If we don't walk enough during the day she wakes up at night trying to practice.


We got Little A the "My LDS Quiet Book" for church. She has really enjoyed discovering all of the fun things in it. It will occupy her time for 30-45 min. I only pull it out at home if I haven't had a moment to read scriptures, otherwise it is an at church only toy. We're hoping she will stay interested in it longer that way.


A loves to brush her teeth (really she just loves to eat the toothpaste and alternate throwing her toothbrush in the sink and picking it up, ha). In the mornings we brush our teeth together and then I brush her hair. It's become a really fun routine for us. She also loves to give kisses to the baby in the mirror. :)


Lately she has decided that both of her feet should be out while she is in her highchair. Gratefully she always lets me take the tray off and put her feet down. She always giggles when I do it; she thinks its a really fun game. She continues to be a really good eater. She loves spicy food and other foods with a lot of flavor. The only things we can't get her to eat are bread, cottage cheese, peanuts, and avocado.


We had the air ducts and the rest of the house cleaned this week in preparation to start painting. We also ripped out all of the carpet - upstairs and downstairs. It is currently sitting in our garage. Allan was a champ and did most of it himself. I helped with the basement. The house already smells so much better! We also took down all of the blinds, light fixtures, and outlet/light switch plates. We'll start painting next weekend!

We took little A to an Easter Egg Hunt. K6 and cousin P were able to come too! It was fun to have the girls together. I am also really glad that K6 came because I walked out the door without A's Easter basket and didn't have anything for her to put her eggs in. K6 came to the rescue though. She had a little purse in her car (a toy of P's) and a plastic bag. Between the two we got all of A's eggs.


I really liked how the city did the Easter Egg hunt. You had to sign up before hand so they knew how many kids were coming and what ages. They set up different spots for different ages. Every child could pick up 15 eggs and then you were done. Some of the eggs had pink paper in them. If you got some of those you got extra prizes. This way it wasn't a blood bath, and everyone got something. 


Little A really enjoyed watching the other kids and picking up eggs. She put a couple of eggs in her little purse but preferred holding them and tasting them. P ran around, got a few eggs, and then wanted to play on the play ground, ha! 


It was really windy and both P and A had just recovered from ear infections so Allan took all of our pink papers and got the prizes while we got the girls settled in the car. 


We did manage to snag a quick picture with the Easter bunny though. A loved her! She petted her fur, ha! I thought she might be afraid, but she really enjoyed petting the fur. K6 took A for us, and Allan and I went over to the house and got all of the staples out of the floor so we could lay hardwood down. We got a lot of work done and are so grateful that K6 could watch A for us that day. K6 told me that A decided to crawl up the stairs! She has never really been interested in the stairs. She started out terrified of them. A week or two ago she finally let me walk her down them but absolutely would not crawl up them. I'm glad she got over her fear. I have yet to see her do it though.


We spoke in church this week. We were asked to prepare 20 min talks, and we did. Then there was a baby blessing and two confirmations! I ended up giving my whole talk because Allan made a deal I could not refuse. He ended up only speaking for a couple of minutes. My talk went well and someone came up to me afterward and said it was just what they had needed to hear. My mom came and took care of little A for us, and that was such a huge help!

I also celebrated my 31st birthday. We celebrated by speaking in church, ha! We went to my Nana and Pops after church, and she had dinner for me and home made cheese cake! Yum! For my birthday I wanted to work on our house and replace all of the doorknobs, and Allan obliged. He still cannot believe that that is what I wanted. :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! Looks like the Easter Egg hunt went perfectly. What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I didn't take Elodie to any Easter Egg hunts because they are usually disappointing. Sounds like your city figured out how to do it right. (and I laughed at little A petting the Easter Bunny)

    ReplyDelete