Sunday, March 2, 2014

She Crawls!

The most exciting thing that has happened this week is that Little A started to crawl!!!!  She's been slowly figuring it out for months, and the other day she just suddenly did it. As with all other things, she is very cautious about it; she goes very slow and steady. But, that just makes it cuter! Her left leg is a little uncoordinated and always wants to stand up. She's been working really hard on figuring that one out and has succeeded. She also tends to crawl out of her footie pajamas (her legs get stuck up in where her body should be,lol).


In this picture she was trying to get to the shoes that were in front of the door. She LOVES shoes (to eat them, that is). Allan grabbed her by her pants, and she tried with all of her might to crawl a way! Too funny! This new found skill has made her a lot more independent. She is very determined to go where she wants to go, do what she wants to do, and eat what she wants to eat.


So, I said she loves shoes. Allan was walking her around the apartment the other day, and she directed him over to my shoes. Then she tried them on! So cute!!! Made me smile!


She is really enjoying making more messes. She discovered the bookshelf with the few books we unpacked, and the cookie cutters. The cookie cutters have made for some great entertainment!


We went to the doctor on Tuesday, for me this time. I thought I might have the flu and was worried about giving it to Little A. She was VERY upset about it. She didn't want the doctor to touch me. He gave her a sucker, but she just threw it on the floor, ha! After he was done looking at me she picked it up and had a grand old time sucking on it. I didn't have the flu, thankfully, just a bad  viral respiratory infection. He said there is one going around in our area that is very similar to the flu and lasts 10-12 days. I have two more days and am feeling MUCH better! I am mostly just a little congested still.



Little A has always loved to read, but she has recently decided she likes to look at books on her own. Every morning I help her walk into the living room, and she stops at the basket of books and sits down. She pulls each one out, tastes it (ha!), and looks at them.



Allan was a champ and took care of dinner and met Little A's needs for me. He is now completely exhausted. But, he hasn't gotten sick! I used hand sanitizer like a mad woman, washed my hands constantly, sanitized all of the door handles, light switches, and cabinets and made sure not to kiss Allan or little A. So far they aren't showing any signs of sickness! Hooray!!!


When my sisters and I were little we would put our tights on our head and sing the "Do your ears hang low" song. Little A loves to play with her socks and tights so while we were playing with them I stuck a pair on her head. They never stayed long enough to sing the song though.



As part of her new found independence, A has decided it is better to drink her bottle while standing up! She also decided that she has to sit in her high chair with one leg over the snack tray!



When I need to get things done I set up a bunch of toys around the rug and then set Little A in the middle. She has fun crawling around getting into all of the toys. She really loves to knock down the blocks when I build a tower. This time she saw the blocks and started army crawling to get to the blocks.



Success!!



We also went and looked at a couple of houses this weekend, and we are making an offer on one tomorrow! We are really excited! Hopefully we'll get it!

3 comments:

  1. I loved and hated when Elodie stared moving around on her own. I loved the freedom of having to carry her around everywhere, and hated that suddenly Elodie was into everything! Elodie has the same shirt Little A is wearing in the picture with the stockings on her head. We'll have to try doing that for that song. I think Elodie would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it all. I am so glad that everyone is adjusting and that you are putting an offer on a house tomorrow. That is SO exciting!! I can't wait to see you! She is getting so big and sounds like she likes things her way now. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I am glad that you are feeling better and that it isn't the flu.

    ReplyDelete