Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Move

Like I said in a previous post, we really didn't have to do anything on this move, which was awesome and really weird.

The movers came on Monday and packed up our house. Little A and I went and spent the day with a friend while our house was packed. Allan stayed and watched our house get packed. I am so grateful for my sweet friend who let me spend the entire day at her house. She is a baby whisperer. It's amazing to watch her get fussy babies to sleep. While we were there I helped her go through all of the old Relief Society binders. We threw as much away as possible. There were about two binders full left when we were done, and they got stuck in the Relief Society closet. No more toting around a bunch of binders, yay!

This is what I found when A and I got back home that night.







Poor little A did not know what to think. She's been a bit out of sorts since then. They didn't take her crib down until the next morning so she slept in her room one more time.  I rearranged some things in our suitcases that night, and Allan got a picture of me among all the boxes.


The next day the movers came back to load everything up. While they loaded up our boxes in the front of their semi A and I went and visited another friend. I watched her little boy while she ran her little girl to preschool. A and he had a good time playing together.  Allan called me to come home when they were about to drive our second car into the back of the semi. I am so glad he did! The movers were two large Samoan men. The one who drove the car into the semi was the biggest. When he tried to open the door to get out of the car he realized that he was stuck! There was no way he was going to get out that way, lol! He crawled over to the passenger side and barely got out! I was laughing so hard! It was so hilarious to see this big man try to crawl over the seats and out the passenger door! He let the other guy get the car out when we got to our apartment in Idaho.

When they were finished the maid came to clean up, and we went out to eat and then met with our realtor. We drove to Mesa that night, and then Allan took little A and I to the airport the next morning. We had a smooth and easy flight. A and I walked around the airport until she was tired, read a few stories and talked to a sweet grandma, then boarded the plane. Once boarded she drank her bottle and went to sleep. Before she fell asleep she did try to pull the hair of the woman sitting next to us and tried to type on the woman's keyboard, but she fell asleep pretty quickly.  She didn't wake up until we started to land.  The only time she cried was after we landed when I was changing her bum in the restroom, she really hates those changing tables.

Allan picked up his dad from the airport a couple hours after we flew out and they started their drive. It was such a blessing that his dad was able to do that for us. They did the drive in a day and a half and really enjoyed the time together to talk.

A and I stayed with Allan's mom for that day and a half. We had a lot of fun with Grandma and had a fun visit with some cousins too. A was super excited to see her dad again though. We gave Allan a couple hour break before we finished the drive up to Idaho. Little A got to open some birthday gifts from Grandma and Grandpa. They got her two really cute outfits. Little A really liked the tags, ha!




We stayed with my mom and step-dad for a night and the next day the movers arrived and unloaded all of our stuff into the apartment. Allan went that morning to sign the lease and watch the movers unload. A and I went up that night after everything was done. 

I have to admit that I almost cried when I saw the apartment filled with boxes. I think it finally hit me that we weren't on vacation, we had actually moved. Going from a house to an apartment kind of stinks. It's a nice apartment, but it's not my beautiful house. I'm getting used to it though.

Allan worked really hard the next weekend to get everything in order and once everything was in it's proper place it wasn't so bad. The only bad thing is we have to use the laundry mat. Ug. It's a good thing Allan has three day weekends because I don't know how I'd do it myself.

Our house had an offer after one day of being on the market. We declined that offer and got another offer a few days later that we accepted. Since then we've been going back and forth with our realtor and relocation company trying to get everything in order to close on the sale. It should close by March. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. I've been dying to hear how the move was! I 'm so glad that it was smooth all things considering and I am so glad that your AZ house is under contract!!! I need your email...mine is amberwl@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am cracking up over Little A's hair growth pattern. It's hilarious and so cute. Elodie's hair only grows on the sides. She's got very little on top and lots of long strands on the sides. Looks like A's hair grows mostly on top. I love it. haha.

    ReplyDelete