Sunday, February 23, 2014

Goodbye/Happy Birthday Party

The weekend before we moved we threw a going away/happy birthday Little A party. I made a bunch of cupcakes and Allan bought some ice cream. The cupcakes turned out really cute. I was relieved because the only other time I've made cupcakes I made them from scratch, and they turned out horrible! And the recipe made about 100, lol! We had nasty cupcakes coming out of our ears. This time I bought a couple boxes of Betty Crocker and called it good. My friend showed me how to decorate them. I am happy to say that I can make cupcakes from a box successfully. Ha!



Little A and I had a great time playing outside while we waited for people to come. The weather was beautiful. We took as much advantage of it as we could before we moved to winter weather.


It was a busy weekend in the community, but most of our close friends still managed to come by. We also got rid of most of the cupcakes! Another big thanks to our friends for that, ha! The few we had left we brought to friends later on.  It was so great to see them all before we left. I am so grateful for their friendship. They all took such good care of us while we were away from our family. We felt like we were leaving home. 

1 comment: