Sunday, June 16, 2013

Little A is 4 Months Old!

 

At her 4 month appointment she was 11 lbs 14 oz and was 25 in long.  We finally remembered to ask what percentile she's in, and she's in the 15th percentile for weight and the 75th for height!  She is one long, skinny girl!

 

She was really sleepy the day I took these  pictures. We took a break so we could both eat and she fell asleep, so I took a picture of her sleeping. This is her new favorite place to sleep, on the rug in the living room.  She'll sleep here for hours while I work around the house.  A few days before this I cleaned our entire house while she slept here!  She squawked at me a couple times when I was cleaning the living room but never woke up. 

 

She also rolled over for the first time that day, although she did have some help from the pillow that was propping her up.  She still has no interest in rolling over but REALLY wants to sit up.  When she's propped up on a pillow she'll struggle to sit up all the way and eventually slide down the pillow until she rolls over on her belly.  It makes her very unhappy.

Sorry, the picture uploaded upside down.
She got a little constipated from the formula we've been giving her for Sandifer's syndrome.  To help with the constipation we gave her her first taste of Apple Juice.  She loved it :) Since then we've gone back to the regular formula, and she's been doing great with it.  No more Apple Juice for our sweet girl. 


She loves her Bumbo and likes to sit in it in front of the mirror and smile at herself while I do my hair and makeup.  I found my first grey hair!  There is a chunk of my hair on one side of my head that has been a really light brown for the last few years.  I told Allan last year that I was going to go grey there first.  I was right.  That grey hair was right in the middle of the light brown chunk.  I never thought I would care about going grey, but that grey hair proved to me that I was wrong.  I am not ready to be grey, so I pulled it out, lol!


Cute ballerina outfit from K6 and cousin P.  Sorry it uploaded upside down as well...
She looks like a thug in this outfit.  I got her all dressed, looked at her and said "Wow A, you look like you're going to go rob a bank or something."  Then I took her to show Allan and he said "She looks like she's going to rob a bank!"  Haha! Poor little thug baby.


She has really enjoyed putting blankets, burp rags, and her dresses, up over her head lately.  In this picture she was playing with me, putting it over her head and then peeking out and smiling.  So cute!


I sat her in her crib one day and gave her the cow to play with so I could take a quick shower.  When I got out she was holding fast to her cow and staring at the ceiling fan in awe.


A has been very wiggly lately.  She discovered how to push herself backward with her feet.  This time she did it so much that she wiggled right off the play gym and rug onto the hard wood floor.  She wasn't very impressed with it either.



A loves to rock.  We rock and either read stories or sing songs every day.  Whichever one we do she'll sit and listen until she falls asleep.  Lately she has decided she wants to choose what we do.  If I start reading and she wants to sing she'll fuss until I switch (or vice versa).  This day we were singing.  Her favorite songs are Mary's Lullaby and Families Can Be Together Forever.


She's been on a strange "every-other-day"schedule lately.  One day she'll have a lot of energy and will only nap for about 30 minutes at a time, the next day she'll take 2-3 1/2 hour naps and then she'll switch again!  So every-other-day I get a lot done around the house.  I kind of like the schedule, but I'm not expecting it to stay too long.  She always sleeps for 10 hours at night and occasionally will sleep for 12!


This day she was really sleepy.  I put her in her bouncer after she ate so I could eat breakfast and she played quietly until she fell asleep.  She slept until her next feeding!  I exercised, showered, and cleaned the bathrooms before she woke up!




We took Little A on her first trip to the Zoo.  We had so much fun!  We left Friday evening when Allan got home from work and stayed the night in a hotel.  A is a really good traveler, she either sleeps or stares out the window; it gives Allan and I a lot of time to talk.

A and I playing before we got her ready for bed.
We checked into our hotel and then got some dinner and went shopping at Babies R Us.  Because A is so tall all of her church dresses are getting too short, so we went to find some new dresses for her.  We also got her a hat and sunglasses because we realized that we'd forgotten our stroller.  Thankfully I'd brought our moby wrap.

A didn't sleep very well in the hotel.  It's funny that the noise from the other adults in the hotel disturbed the baby's sleep instead of the baby disturbing the adults.  Our room was right by the ice dispenser so whenever someone got ice she would wake right up.  She also woke up to people walking around outside or coming into their rooms late. I don't know if this is because she's a light sleeper or because we were in a new place.  She always sleeps great at home.

The next morning we lathered her up with sunscreen until she glowed, lol.  Sunscreen is very greasy.  We had a good breakfast and then headed to the Zoo. 


A didn't seem to notice her sunglasses or hat.  She loved being in the moby wrap though.


She was pretty tired from her interrupted night sleep so she didn't make it too long before she had to take a nap.

Seeing the Tigers

Conked out with Dad

Seeing the Elephants.
It was a small Zoo but just the right size for little A.  She enjoyed seeing the animals and the people.  We loved seeing the animals too.  The zoo had plenty of shade so we stayed relatively cool.  A didn't seem to mind the heat at all.  We stopped half way through the zoo to feed A and take a little break.  When we had seen all of the animals we went and got ice cream.  A fell asleep.  We saw tigers, lions, bears, elephants, zebras, peacock, a rhinoceros, snakes, monkeys, frogs, an alligator, fish, anteaters, a lot of birds, giraffes, tortoise, and a lot more.  We had a lot of fun.  At the Elephant exhibit one of the workers asked how old A was.  After we told him he said, "Well, let me get your name and number, and if she's the youngest baby at the zoo today you'll win a new Lexus!"  We were thinking that would be a great deal, especially since we are looking for a second car.  Unfortunately she wasn't the youngest baby there, and they weren't giving any cars away, lol!

After the Zoo we went to Olive Garden for a late lunch.  It was delicious!  They have slings to put carseats in at Olive Garden.  A loved being right at the table with us.  She was all tired out from the zoo though so she snuggled in and went right to sleep.  Everyone kept saying how sweet and beautiful she is.  There was a young couple in the booth next to us.  The man was sitting so that he was looking right at little A.  He commented how sweet and beautiful she is and asked how old she was and such.  Later another mother and her infant son came in.  Her son was full of energy and HUGE!  He was the same age as A but at least twice her size!  After they left the man in the booth next to ours came up and said "Your baby is way cuter than that baby!"  LOL!  We had to agree ;)


By the time we finished eating it was almost time for little A to eat, so we made an impromptu stop at Hobby Lobby.  We hadn't planned on buying anything but they just happened to be having a really good sale, and I just happened to need some picture frames for our living room...hehe. 

We had a great time and loved having some extra family time together.

1 comment:

  1. I was so happy for an update!! She has a cute smile. I am glad that you are enjoying life as a Mother. I love the zoo pictures- so cute!

    ReplyDelete