Friday, June 28, 2013

An Answered Prayer

You always read in pregnancy books and articles about how babies know their mothers.  They recognize their voices,their smell, how they move, etc.  They can pick out their mother from other people.  This is something that I have always thought of as beautiful.  It was also something that I would miss out on at first. 

I was worried that little A would be scared when she was with us because she didn't know us.  I didn't want her to feel uncertain or unsafe in any way.  Perhaps that feeling was invalid, but I felt that way regardless.  So, I started to pray.

I prayed that she would know who Allan and I are, that she would recognize us, and that our presence would be a comfort to her.

I prayed like this from the time we were matched with AG until the day little A was born.  That day was such a wonderful, beautiful day.  The Lord answered my prayers that day in so many ways.

When little A arrived and the nurses took her to wipe her down and such, I walked over to the table she was lying on.  She was crying and had her eyes squeezed together.  I started talking to her and almost immediately she stopped crying, opened her eyes, and looked at me like she knew who I was.  I had a strong feeling come over me that she recognized me, knew me, and understood why I was there.  My presence was a comfort to her. 

The Lord had answered my prayers.



3 comments:

  1. Wow Kami. Thank You so much for sharing that. I could feel the spirit so strongly as I read your post. The Lord is so good to us as Humans here on Earth. You are a blessing to little A. Thank You for always being a good example to me. Thank You for your friendship and I am so grateful that I can follow your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet Kami. Little A is so pretty. It will be great to see her this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. This made me cry. What a beautiful story about your daughter!

    ReplyDelete