Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Trip Home

We left bright and early and got to the airport at 8:00am.  We had SO many bags!  I used the Moby wrap in the airport and it really came in handy.  A loved it and slept most of the time.  Because my hands were free I could help with the luggage.  We stacked the duffle bags on top of the large suitcases and Allan took those and then I carried the diaper bag and the carry-on.  We tried to stay away from people as much as possible so she wouldn’t get sick.  While we were waiting for our plane I got up to see if our plane was on time and a lady waved me down and told me I looked amazing for just having a baby!  I just smiled.  I should have said, “Thanks, you should see her birthmom, she looks incredible!”   

We were hoping our plane would be somewhat empty because we were flying on a Wednesday but no such luck.  Every seat was full.  We sat in the very back and the man who sat next to us had children of his own and was very respectful…and EXTREMELY tall.  I really don’t know how he squeezed himself in there.


I laid A down on my lap so she could stretch out a little and the flight attendants just fell in love with her.  They also told me I looked amazing, and we did tell them that she was adopted and we were just bringing her home.   We made sure A was sucking on her pacifier on take-off and landing.  She did great on the plane.  On our landing the plane had to turn around to come in the other way and that made her a little nervous.  Her eyes got huge and she started sucking on her pacifier a lot and looking at me like “what’s going on!”  But she never made a sound and as soon as we stopped turning she was fine.  


These three pictures are the only ones we have of the trip home.  What a bummer.


We stopped for a minute in the airport and fed A and then waited for the shuttle to bring us to our car.  A couple that came up and waited with us put out their cigarette when they saw A.  We were really grateful for that.  There’s something about a new baby that people just can’t resist.  The people on the shuttle loved her too, it does help that she’s so adorable!  Those big baby blues are pretty irresistible. 
When we got to the car we proceeded to get A’s car seat installed.  We had planned on getting that done before she was born but with the move and the funeral it just didn’t happen.  We got it in tight though only to find that A was VERY poopy and needed a change pronto!


After we got her diaper and clothes changed we headed to our appointment with LDSFS.  We have to have 3 visits with them before we finalize and one of them has to be in their offices.  Since we live a few hours away from their office they suggested we stop in on our way home so we didn't have to come back.  It worked out great.  After the appointment we fed and changed A, stopped for dinner and then headed home.  A didn't mind her carseat at all and slept the whole way home while Allan and I talked.  She is such a good, sweet little baby.

When we got home we took her on a tour of the house and got settled in.  We were so happy to be home and be able to get into a good routine, unpack our house, and just love our baby.
 

1 comment:

  1. That picture at the top is so so sweet! A sounds like a great baby! She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete