Sunday, October 30, 2011

a-MAZE-ing!

Allan and I are officially done with the 2nd phase of paperwork!  Next ... the home-study.  That should happen in a couple of weeks.  We are really excited to be done with the majority of the paperwork and moving on to finding our child, where ever he or she may be.

Allan and I had a lot of fun this week in lieu of Halloween tomorrow.  We carved a pumpkin for Family Home Evening.  I think it turned out pretty good.


Allan cleaning out the pumpkin
                                                      
Kami drawing the face
                                                               
The finished product
                                                                   

We also went to the Temple which is always wonderful.  We feel really blessed to live only 5 minutes away.  And we went to the Dentist.  Most people probably wouldn't include this in their "fun" week but Allan hadn't been in 5 years and I hadn't been in 7 years so we were pretty excited to go.  We walked away with only one cavity between us, and I was the lucky winner.  That's okay though, I was thrilled that I only had 1.  I thought for sure I would have one for every year I hadn't gone to the dentist.  That would have been a mess!

On Friday we went to a Halloween party thrown by our awesome neighbors.  They dressed up their little girl as Godzilla!  He was the Empire State Building and she was the Damsel in Distress.  What a cute idea!  Allan was a miner and I was a hippie.


We had a lot of fun and learned a new party game called Three on the Couch.

On Saturday we went to a corn maze.  I was so excited!  I've been wanting to go to a corn maze since we were dating but we never had enough money to do it.  We had a blast.  The corn maze was pretty easy but we took our time and tried to go down every path.  We covered a good amount of the maze but there was one large area that we never got to.  We saw a lot of cute fuzzy caterpillars of all sorts of colors.  Allan helped me move them off of the paths so they wouldn't get squished.

Here is a view from the bottom
There was a bridge towards the end of the maze that gave a great view of the corn field.  Here we are on the bridge.


                                                   
What a great view!

We also saw this crazy looking spider!  Yuck!  He was the perfect colors for Halloween though.

This is the roots of the corn stalks.  I think they look like little fairy huts!


Here we are in the pumpkins.  The lady who was taking the pictures asked if we wanted to "hug a pumpkin" like she makes all of the little kids do.  I told her I already had a pumpkin to hold.


They also had sunflower fields, pepper fields and of course a pumpkin patch, that we walked through.  Here is one of their gorgeous sunflowers.


Today in church the teachers of the other sunbeam class weren't there.  Usually when this happens Allan and I just take them, so when Allan asked me if we could take them all my first instinct was to say yes.  Then I looked around and realized that there were 11 three year olds there that day!  Our room is not nearly big enough to fit 11 children in no matter how small they are.  I was relieved when they found substitutes and we only had to take six.  It would have been quite the adventure!  We only had one mishap when a little boy fell through two chairs that he was trying to sit on at the same time.  He was very reverent after that though.  We asked them all about their Halloween costumes.  We had two cowboys, superman, Thomas the Train, a glow-in-the-dark skeleton, and a little girl who was going to be Tinkerbell and a witch.  We are still wondering how she is going to be both of those at the same time.  Happy Halloween!  

No comments:

Post a Comment