Sunday, March 19, 2017

February

We bought a Mini Van! We are hoping to adopt more children so we've been on the lookout for a while for a good deal. We found one sooner than we expected! We have LOVED having a van! Little A loves being up higher so she can see better. I've loved that I don't get stuck in the snow anymore (it is an all wheel drive mini van).

Nana and Pops were out of town for Little A's birthday so we had a birthday party for her when they got back. She LOVED all of the gifts they gave her! The family all went in on an art kit. Coloring books, stickers, paint, markers and crayons, etc.


Nana made cake pops on top of ice cream cones. Little A's two favorite things!


We got the infant-toddler program set up for Baby L so we can now have PT in our home. That has been really nice! She is still progressing really well, except she isn't a fan of being on her hands and knees. That's the next thing we're working on. To get her used to it we've been using an exercise ball. She loves bouncing on it. Little A is such a good helper too. She will get her ball, and they'll bounce and giggle. It distracts Baby L enough that I can get her on her hands and knees.

We had a meeting with Little A's teachers to talk to them about how she is doing and getting a diagnoses for Sensory Processing Disorder and possibly Apraxia of Speech. She is doing GREAT in school! We started occupational therapy on top of speech therapy due to the sensory things with her hands. She really loves OT. We're doing it at school and privately. We'll be seeing a child psychologist in March to work on a diagnoses. I'm relieved to finally be getting somewhere with this and hoping that she'll finally get the help she needs.


The kids at Little A's school adore Baby L. They fuss over her every day! Little A LOVES to show off her sister and makes sure everyone gets to see her before we leave, ha!

I did a Broadway Review this month. I sang my first solo ever (other than at church). I sang "Can't Help Lovin' that Man of Mine" from Showboat. It went really well!


I also sang an all girls number, "I'm Not at All in Love" from Pajama Game, a duet with my cute friend "Stepsisters Lament" from Cinderella (this one was SOOOO fun to do!), and the cast number "Seasons of Love" from Rent. I also did a little bit of choreography for some of the songs. It was a fun show. We sold out +2!


Allan took the girls so they could see me in the show. They had been such troopers listening to me practice for several weeks. Their favorite one to watch me do was "Stepsisters Lament". They would laugh and laugh! They both wore their headphones so it wouldn't be too loud. Little A loved eating all of the refreshments, and Baby L fell asleep.

We had a nice Valentines Day. We don't really do anything. Allan always gets the girls and I flowers and/or chocolates.


Little A was super excited to give Daddy his valentine, and give her classmates theirs.  She LOVED all the valentines she got at school and looked at them over and over.


She also loved this valentines display at the grocery store and wanted me to take her picture with it, lol! She's such a cute, funny girl!


Baby L turned 8 months old! She is the size of a 12 month old!


Her favorite thing to do is take things out of the yellow bucket (the bottom of her shape sorter). She also loves to bang things around in it and make a lot of noise.


She loves to scoot herself backward and turn circles on her belly.


Sad story. I got a Johnny Jumper from my friend. We'd tried one at K3's house, and Baby L LOVED it! I put her in it while I was getting ready for the day. She and Little A were playing so good. I had talked to Little A about not swinging it so that L wouldn't hit her head. Little A is always really obedient so I wasn't too worried. Unfortunately Little A got too excited and swung Baby L right into the edge of the door frame. :(  It was a pretty bad hit. Her forehead was pretty dented in. I called the doctor, but it came back out pretty quick, and she seemed fine. By the end of the day she barely had a bruise. I haven't been brave enough to pull out the jumper since.


Little A got to have a play date with her bestie. These two are just so cute together. I wish they could see each other as often as they used to.


We had a family fun weekend. We camped out in the basement (still too cold and snowy to go outside).


We played some games and watched a movie with popcorn. Little A was SO excited she couldn't contain herself. It took us forever to get her to sleep.


Baby L slept for about an hour in her pack-n-play and then decided she didn't like it, so Allan ended up sleeping upstairs on the couch most of the night.


Little A is learning how to take pictures. Sometimes they look like this,


but other times they look like this!


Little A is obsessed with Play Doh. She LOVES it! I made the mistake of giving her all of the colors at the same time, so the doh only lasted a couple of weeks. She kept forgetting to put it all away. We do love to play it together though.


Story time with Daddy.


No comments:

Post a Comment