Sunday, March 20, 2016

Dancing Queen

Allan had his first post-op appointment last week. He is doing great, and continues to heal well and quickly! We're so grateful to have such great doctors.

On our way down to his appointment we stopped and voted.


While we were down in the city we took at trip to the Temple. It was SO nice to go. We missed last month due to illness and Allan's surgery. We're so grateful to Grandma for watching Little A for us while we were at the Temple and the doctor.

On our way home we stopped at the law office where A1 works and had a meeting with our adoption agency. We recently signed up with Forever Bound Adoption. We have really liked it so far. Our profile is: https://www.parentfinder.com/allanandkami/about

Go and take a look! Share it! Thanks!

We had a much needed play date with one of little A's friends, C. They are such good friends, I'm so glad that we live close! They surprised me after lunch when they told me goodbye and ran down the stairs giggling. They then played by themselves down there for a good 20 minutes! I was thrilled to clean up lunch with out them under my feet! I also really enjoyed listening to their giggles! I tried to put them down for a nap later, but they were both too excited about playing with each other. I had to take a phone call while they were supposed to be sleeping. While I was on the phone they took turns shutting each other in little A's room and running out to squeal in delight at me, then running back to switch places. They're too funny!


Little A is getting better and better at dance class. She can get through about half of the class before her attention span is done, and she just runs around aimlessly. She has great jumps, somersaults, relevé walks! Little A's favorite thing to do right now dance-wise is the belly drum! Allan will pound on his belly like a drum, and she will dance to it. She's gotten really animated with it, stomping her feet, clapping her hands, and jumping around!


Another of her new favorites is to pretend she's a puppy and have me scratch behind her ears and rub her belly. My favorite is when she wags her tail, lol! It's the cutest!

Having Allan home for those two weeks after his surgery has been a great blessing for little A. They strengthened their relationship a lot during that time. She's always so happy when Daddy comes home and can play with her.




One night I got some blueberries out for desert after dinner. Little A came running over, climbed up on my lap, and stole my spoon, lol! She had a ball feeding the blueberries to me, and eating some herself too. We were both covered in blueberry by the end lol!


Another of little A's recent favorites is playing super-A. She puts on her cape (you can't really see it in the picture, but it's there), has me put on her red riding hood, and then she saves her dollies as I cheer her on. She likes to take some breaks to read a little in between each rescue, ha!


Little A has recently discovered that if she spins in circles long enough she'll get dizzy and fall over! She thinks it's hilarious! We're pretty silly around here. (Also, look at that cute smashed cheek, ha!)


I sang a solo in church last week. I've never done that before. It went well; I've gotten compliments all week. What a relief, ha! While I was singing Little A stood on the bench and watched me, grinning ear to ear, and telling all the people around her that her Mama was singing, ha! She also clapped and cheered at the end. :)

I'm getting better at braiding!


My Primary class made a deal with me that if they teach the lesson, I bring treats. So we decided that one of them will teach every other week. This was the first Sunday that one of them taught and it went really well! They are all 8 years old. I gave the little girl who taught a lesson plan to follow with some homework for her. She did a really good job and was very prepared. The rest of the class was really reverent and participated well (as per our deal). They definitely earned those cupcakes!

We had a fun family date this week playing in the backyard. We had planned on going to the park, but it was still a little too cold and windy, so we stuck with the backyard where the fence and house block the wind somewhat. We did sidewalk chalk, bubbles, hide and seek, wrestling, eating snow, and a little Frisbee. Little A had a ball. Then we made the cupcakes for my class today, and of course Little A got to eat one! She was a great helper! Allan and I had a fun stay-at-home date later that night too. We played Settler's of Cataan. Allan actually beat me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment