Sunday, February 7, 2016

Shots

Today in church Allan got up and bore his testimony. While he was walking back to sit with us little A stood up on the bench, pointed to Allan and shouted, "Mama! Mine!" We sure love our little girl! So glad she knows that we're hers!

She is very interested in being exactly like me right now. I pulled an eyebrow hair off of Allan's face one evening, and she reached up and pulled his eyebrow, lol! When I did the laundry she pushed all the buttons she could because she saw that I pushed buttons too. This was problematic though because some of the buttons she pushed made the dryer do some really weird things. We thought it might be clogged or broken. Allan went out in the cold to check for clogs in the venting (he had to take apart some of our deck to do it), and then when he got back in he discovered the problem with the buttons. Funny girl.

This is the adorable dress that our friends got little A for her birthday! I just love it! 


We started out the month by trying to go visiting teaching. I ended up getting stuck in my companions drive-way. The following week we tried again, and I got stuck in the drive-way of the woman we visit teach!  Our little car is definitely not meant for all of this snow! Next time I'll remember to just park on the road, lol!

Little A has been pretty clingy the last week. I think all of the commotion about her birthday, and getting back into story time and dance classes has overwhelmed her a bit. She has literally been attached to my apron strings, ha! She'll follow me around like this while I make dinner, unless she's helping me with something.


The Relief Society president in our ward made little A a darling purse, and it had some m&ms in it! Little A was thrilled!


Little A has had a fear of public toilets. Last year when we first tried potty training she sat on a really loud automatic toilet at the fair. The flush scared her so bad that she hasn't wanted to sit on a public toilet since. She has finally conquered that fear though! We are so proud of her! She still fears it enough that she'll only go on one if it's an absolute necessity, but at least she'll go now!

I explained to little A that Daddy has an owie on his hip, so he was using a pillow to help it. She then explained that she has an owie too, and had to have her own pillow! :)


We had our first auditions for Wizard of Oz this weekend. I'm excited to work on this show, it's going to be a lot of fun! These women are very talented, I'm excited to learn from them too! I did the sound check for them, they turned on "All that Jazz" and I sang as much of the words as I could remember. That is not a song I should ever sing, lol!


We had a great family date this weekend. We went swimming and then got dinner. Little A picked out her own cookie, and she was so excited about it! She was so nice and gave each of us a piece of it! What a sweet little girl! She really loves to be in the water! At one point she wanted to go get a drink. I told her daddy would take her. She looked at Allan with this really mischievous look and then splashed him with all of her might!

Little A got a shot this week. We went in to the doctor to do a medical report for her for adoption purposes and then realized that she hadn't got one of her shots. So, we just did it right then. She was SO brave! She didn't even cry! While they were preparing I explained what they were going to do and that it would hurt a little. She gasped when they poked her and then looked at them with wide eyes, but that was it! We were so proud of her! I really appreciated that they gave her praise in a way that wasn't overwhelming for her. They repeatedly told her what a good job she did and how brave she was, but they didn't clap and cheer! Then she got 5 stickers, a lollipop and a coupon for a cookie at one of the gas stations in town. We went to get the cookie, and I let little A pick out the one she wanted. She chose a chocolate Smore's cookie. It was enormous! She was very proud of herself and told everyone we saw that day that she had got a shot and a big cookie!

1 comment:

  1. Shots are NO fun! Your hair is getting so long. You are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete