Sunday, September 6, 2015

Adoption Conference

After my surgery in March I had a strong impression that we needed to have an adoption conference in our little town. I talked to Allan about it, and he was very supportive, so I called up some lawyers and social workers and found some people to come teach some classes! One of my friends here, who is also an adoptive mother, is helping me (I am SO glad)!

A social worker from Adoption.org is coming to teach the Adoption Basics class, and an adoption attorney will be teaching the class on Idaho Adoption Law, and then the social worker will guide a birth mother panel where two amazing birth mothers will share their journey through adoption.

I know that feeling of helplessness that comes with infertility and how overwhelming adoption can be. I've also noticed that it is hard to get good information about adoption in the area that we live in. I hope that this will bring some relief to some people and help spread some awareness about adoption in general.

Since we try not to share identifying information on this blog I can't tell you where it is, but if you are interested please email me at allanandkami@gmail.com and I'll fill you in on the details.


No comments:

Post a Comment