Sunday, May 31, 2015

Puddle Jumping

Little A discovered the camera on our new smart phone. She is so delighted that she can see herself while we take pictures. She laughs and laughs, it is so darling! She took some of her first selfies. This one is my favorite!


I'm getting better at braiding! My first successful attempt at two french braids! Yay! Little A didn't mind because I let her watch Daniel Tiger while I did it. Speaking of Daniel Tiger, it has been pretty much banned in our house (along with all shows, movies, etc) because after watching it she is ornery and throws tantrums the rest of the day. I've been getting up at 5 so I can exercise before she gets up, and then she doesn't watch anything during the day. The days have been so much better.


We took a quick trip to visit Allan's family for the blessing of P and R's new baby. She is so cute! She's got the chubbiest little cheeks! Little A and her cousin J had a fun time playing the keyboard. A loves pianos. I sure hope that love lasts.


We have had a lot of rain recently. I ordered galoshes and a rain coat for Little A, and we have had a blast jumping in the puddles and playing in the rain. All of our neighbors have had a blast watching us splash. Some have come out to tell us, lol! We've been spending all morning outside lately. The weather is so nice, and it makes little A tired so she'll take a nice long nap. :)


We had a family home evening on being happy. We sang the happy face, frowny face song. I asked little A to show me her frown face, and this is what she did. Ha! Allan and I were laughing so hard! I still laugh every time I think about it.


Little A has recently started wanting to dress up a bit. She is interested in admiring herself in the mirror, trying on jewelry, etc. The other morning she wanted to play with her bows and have me take pictures of her. She's a cutie.


This is how I do dishes, make meals, and anything else that involves me standing in one spot for a while. A likes to lay with her head between my legs and look up at me. She has been in a really bad mommy phase lately where it is traumatic for her to be more than a foot away from me (Daddy was trying to play with her, but she chose to lay between my legs instead).


I judged the dance tryouts for K6's dance team. It's nice to be able to be involved in dance every now and then. It's always so hard to judge though. We also went to the dance recital for my cousin's dance studio.  All of the girls did so good! I didn't have little A dance with her class because she hasn't been dancing in her class, I've had to hold her the whole time. She danced on the bleachers during the whole recital though.

Today we had a "picnic" with Ritz and Nutella and A's picnic basket. She was delighted with the Nutella.


We also went on a family walk and discovered a really pretty river not far from our house. We'd never really gone up that particular road because it looks like a dead end, but we were letting little A choose where to take us, and that is where she wanted to go. We got to see the ducks and a lot of birds. A was mostly excited about the dandelions. 


This is the river.


1 comment: