Friday, September 6, 2013

The Return of Captain CTR

One of the boys in my class at church moved recently.  He is such a sweetie and I am so sad that he's moved.  Here's one of my favorite moments with him.

I was talking to his mother telling her how good he always is in my class.  He popped up and said that he is a superhero. 

Me: "Whoa! That is awesome! What's your superpower?"
Him: "Super speed, super strength, and I can fly!"
Me: (laughing) "I'm sure you can! Those are awesome powers.  Guess what?! He's a superhero too! (pointing to Allan)"
He looked at Allan sceptically.
Me: "Guess what his super power is."
Him: "What?"
Me: "Choosing the right!"
Him: "That's not a super power."
Me: "It is.  He helps people make good choices every day.  That's so important because we have to make good choices to help us return to Heavenly Father.  He even has a cape."
(Looks at Allan slightly impressed.)

So sad to see this little guy go.  I hope he's doing well in his new home.


2 comments:

  1. I love that beyond words- plus I know that Allen (all of us) has another "super power" PRAYER. Now, that is a very important power. Aren't we lucky?

    ReplyDelete