Sunday, December 2, 2012

A House...for real this time...

So, a couple of weeks ago we said we were going to build a house.  Well, now we're not.

Our realtor was on the way to the builders to get them to sign the paper work they needed to for everything to be final when she got a phone call from her boss.  He told her that he had just talked to a couple who lived in the neighborhood we were going to build in.  They needed to sell their house immediately and he thought it might be a good fit for us.  We decided to go and look at it thinking that it would at least give us a good idea of what our house would look like when it was finished.  The house is smaller than the one we were going to build and a slightly different floor plan.  It was built last year, the yard is already finished, and it has beautiful wood and tile floors throughout the house.  When we were looking at the house we started feeling better and better about it and after some thought and prayer we decided to go with this one.

The contract is all signed, sealed and delivered, and we had our home inspection.  Everything looked really good so now we just have to get our loan in order.  We are set to close by the 19 of December!  We're very excited and looking forward to being in a house before Christmas.  No pictures yet because there are still people living in the house but we'll post some as soon as we can.

One of the things I'm most excited for about the house is that I get to do a nursery!  Woohoo!  Since we are in an apartment we were only doing a few things like pictures and blankets but now we can paint too!  Allan is just as excited as I am......  ;)

I took a couple dance classes a couple of weeks ago - Musical Theatre and Lyrical.  I haven't done Musical Theatre for almost 9 years and I don't have a lot of experience in Lyrical.  I have to say though that I was impressed with myself because not only did I make it through the classes but I kept up with all the most experienced girls!  I was a little worried about looking foolish since it had been so long that I've done anything but Modern and Ballet, but it went pretty well!

For Thanksgiving we went to Washington to visit my Aunt and Uncle and a couple of my cousins.  My Dad and Gram and Poe were able to make it as well.  It had been a really long time since I'd seen that part of my family so we were really excited to go.  We had a blast with them!  They showed us around the area they live in, which is gorgeous!  We ate a lot of good food and had a lot of good family time.

The Poe

Dad and Uncle S

Gram working on dinner

Our cousin H played pick-up sticks with us!  We love that game!  She kicked our trash.

Me and my Dad

Allan and I at one of the waterfalls in the area - gorgeous!

We saw some sturgeon.  They are huge - like, 6 feet long huge!

Us with our Uncle S and Aunt T

Us with our sweet Gram

Us with our beautiful cousins!
We really enjoyed seeing them and want to go back soon!  We love the area they live in it is so green!  They told us that you can hike all the waterfalls.  One day we definitely want to do that!


We got home from our trip on Cyber Monday and immediately got on the computer to catch some of the good deals.  We got almost all of our Christmas shopping done that day!  I did stay up until midnight though... but I got some great deals on everyone's gifts!

This week we have been gathering packing materials, packing, and doing other house stuff.  It's been a busy week.  We did manage to go to the Temple though and have a fun date amongst all the boxes.  It is such an amazing blessing to have a temple only 5 minutes away from where we live.  When we move it will be 10 minutes - I don't know if we'll be able to handle that or not. ;)

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment